Welcome to Boom Guns Gear
Home of "The Big John Gun" Shotgun Simulator
The original lightweight shotgun simulator
Big John's Shotgun Simulators are a low cost boom, literally! No more shotgun poppers or primers. Each Big John Shotgun Simulator will shoot hundreds of rounds per propane canister.
Each shotgun simulator is hand-crafted to be lightweight, durable, and simple to use.
Lightweight and Durable
At only 2.6 pounds, our shotgun simulators are some of the lightest and easiest to use.
31” long, 2-1/2” in diameter
Want to represent your kennel name on your shotgun simulator? No problem! We offer the option for you to select a name and a color to have put on your simulator. Just let us know what phrase you'd like on your gun.
Our Shotgun Simulator
Make Training Your Dog Even Easier
Here at Boom Guns Gear, we do our best to keep our customers satisfied with same day shipping and a 1-year warranty*.
*Please note that the 1-year warranty applies only to the metal canister and/or welding thereof. Igniters are made by a third party, and thus, are not covered under our warranty. However, igniters can easily be changed, and we would be happy to provide instructions for you if needed. Additionally, we can replace an igniter for you at your charge; please inquire for further details.
Big News for 2021/2022
Big John's Shotgun Simulators were a proud sponsor of the 2021 AKC Master National, and will be returning as a sponsor in 2022.
How To Use Our Simulator
Check out our video for a demonstration and some additional Boom Gun facts!
Quick Take Aways:
1. Screw the gas cylinder onto the end of the Boom Gun being careful not to cross thread it.
2. Make sure the red button is in the unlock position - turn counter clockwise.
3. The thrower should be at a distance from the dog and handler.
4. Depress the red button about half way until you hear the gas flow from the cylinder into the chamber of the simulator.
5. Important: After approx. 6 or 7 seconds, continue to push the button until gas ignites. DO NOT lift off the button once you initiate the gas flow.
6. Do not obstruct the air flow cut out at the handheld section of the gun.