Welcome to Boom Guns Gear
Home of "The Big John Gun" Shotgun Simulator
The original lightweight shotgun simulator
Big John's Shotgun Simulators are a low cost boom, literally! No more shotgun poppers or primers. Each Big John Shotgun Simulator will shoot hundreds of rounds per propane canister.
Each shotgun simulator is hand-crafted to be lightweight, durable, and simple to use.
Lightweight and Durable
At only 2.6 pounds, our shotgun simulators are some of the lightest and easiest to use.
31” long, 2-1/2” in diameter
Want to represent your kennel name on your shotgun simulator? No problem! We offer the option for you to select a name and a color to have put on your simulator. Just let us know what phrase you'd like on your gun.
Our Shotgun Simulator
Make Training Your Dog Even Easier
Here at Boom Guns Gear, we do our best to keep our customers satisfied with same day shipping and a 1-year warranty. To replace igniters or other heavily used components after one year, charges may apply.
Big News for 2018
Big John's Shotgun Simulators were a favorite at the 2018 Master Amateur Retriever Club.
How To Use Our Simulator
Check out our video for a demonstration and some additional Boom Gun facts!
Quick Take Aways:
1. Screw the gas cylinder onto the end of the Boom Gun being careful not to cross thread it.
2. Make sure the red button is in the unlock position - turn counter clockwise.
3. The thrower should be at a distance from the dog and handler.
4. Depress the red button about half way until you hear the gas flow from the cylinder into the chamber of the simulator.
5. Important: After approx. 6 or 7 seconds, continue to push the button until gas ignites. DO NOT lift off the button once you initiate the gas flow.
6. Do not obstruct the air flow cut out at the handheld section of the gun.
Top Choice of Professionals in USA and Canada
Professionals prefer "The Big John Gun" shotgun simulators because of their strength, durability, and affordable price.
Designed to be Easy to Use
Made at our shop in northwestern Pennsylvania, our guns are welded and designed for lasting use and simplicity.
Need a dog to train using your new shotgun simulator?
We can help with that too! We also own Labradougherty's Kennel, located on 20+ acres in northwestern Pennsylvania. We have been training field test dogs and selectively breeding puppies for over 30 years. All of our dogs and puppies have outstanding pedigrees and have all health clearances.
Questions or comments? Drop us a line!
13200 Turnpike Rd.
Corry, PA, 16407
Add Your Title
This is a great place to add a tagline.
Tell customers more about you. Add a few words and a stunning pic to grab their attention and get them to click.
This space is ideal for writing a detailed description of your business and the types of services that you provide. Talk about your team and your areas of expertise.